Below are some Frequently Asked Questions. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
How do I donate an item?
To donate an item, visit the Donate an Item page. If you have multiple items to donate, please submit the form for each item separately.
How do I obtain an item listed on the website?
Complete the submission form on the right sidebar of the item’s page. Richmond Shares will then get in touch with you and the Donor to arrange a delivery method as soon as possible.
How does the actual transfer take place?
When a Recipient is found for a donated item, Richmond Shares will call or email the Donor.
The transfer can take place a number of ways:
- If the item is small enough, the Donor can drop it off at Richmond Shares office and the Recipient can pick it up during business hours.
- If the item is bigger and requires transportation, then some creative way will need to be worked out between the Donor the Recipient.
- If the Donor can go that extra mile to deliver it or drop it off at the Recipient’s location, that would be kindly appreciated.
Please keep in mind that the Richmond Shares service is targeted towards low-income residents of Richmond and as such, Recipients rarely will have means of transporting large items.
How long are items listed on the site for?
All items posted are kept on the site for a period of 1 month.
If for any reason a Donor wishes their item to be deleted before the 1 month period, simply contact us to have it removed.
Of course, once an item has been matched to a Recipient, it is deleted.
Note about special items and safety concerns:
There are a number of items that should be of special concern if you are thinking of donating them, specifically cribs, baby/infant/toddler car seats, and helmets.
Some old items may not meet Canadian government safety standards, for example:
- Cribs made before 1986 do not meet government standards
- Walkers are completely banned
For further information, please visit:
It is your responsibility to ensure that your item is in good condition & passes safety standards.
Richmond Shares will take down any postings that violate these standards.